Welcome to the Le Mars Public Library
When you need to know, head to the Library. The Le Mars Public Library. Check out virtual sites or head through the doors.
WHO MAY HAVE A CARD:
· Residents of Le Mars
· Residents of Plymouth County (contract funded)
· Card-holders of Iowa or Libraries in the Open Access Program
· Out of State residents may get a guest card for $35.00 per family per year or $5.00 per month.
· To apply for a card, adults must show I.D. with a current address (license, mailed envelope, etc.).
· Patrons under 17 must have a parent sign the application form to claim responsibility.
HOW TO USE YOUR CARD:
· You must present your own library card to check out materials.
· Items must be returned to either the interior or exterior drop box.
· All borrowing information is confidential according to Iowa Law.
· You are responsible for the timely return of all materials checked out on your card.
· Library materials not returned after two months from the due date are considered theft by Iowa Code 714.5.
· Borrowers owing over $2.00 for late fees will be blocked from library privileges.
(Please notify the library of changes in address/telephone)
CHARGES AND FEES:
· Replacement library cards are $3.00 each.
· Inter library Loan materials are $3.00 per item.
· Replacement costs will be charged for items not returned two months after their due date. Refunds will not be made if the item is found later.
· Sending a FAX is $2.00 for the first page and $0.50 for each additional page. Receiving a FAX is $0.50 per page.
· Public copier fee is $0.20, $.30, or $.40 per page, depending upon the size.
· Printing from the public computers is $0.20 per page.
· Microfilm copies are $0.15 per page.
|Type of Items
||Limit on Loans
|Books on CD
Only residents of Le Mars and rural Plymouth county are eligible to have access to Le Mars ebooks or audio downloads. Plymouth county residents in Brunsville, Craig, Struble and Hinton will have access as well. Any other patron desiring to use this service must apply at their own local community library.